The skin itself does not surrender to the force of gravity and does not relax. The process encompasses more than that. With advancing age, chemicals and substances that provide nutrition to the muscles that keep the skin in shape decrease over time due to free radical damage. These free radicals can damage every part of the cell, including the nucleus where DNA production takes place. As a result, skin discoloration and loss of elasticity may occur. However, with the application of mesotherapy, it is possible to restructure the skin.
We have compiled for you what you might wonder about the application that is developing day by day and what you need to know.
It was first introduced in 1952 by Dr. Michel Pistor. “What is mesotherapy?” The answer to the question can be given as the application of vitamins, minerals, amino acids and enzymes to the middle layer of the skin by using microinjection, individually or in a mixture, according to the individuals needs. The substance or substances to be injected are selected according to the person.
This method, which provides support for the skin to look tighter, brighter and more dynamic during the aging process, is the most important procedure in the field of medical aesthetics all over the world. In addition to skin regeneration, this application is used in the treatment of regional slimming, spots, cellulite, hair treatment, anti-aging care, treatment of various skin diseases, scars, sports injuries, acute and chronic pain.
With the application, a small amount of drug is given to the designated area using the microinjection method. “What is mesotherapy, what does it do?” The answers to these questions are as follows:
- The application stimulates the structures such as elastin and collagen under the skin and shows its effect in this way. By creating this effect, it helps to regulate the lymphatic and blood circulation of the area where it is applied.
- It makes it possible to obtain effective results in the treatment of skin problems such as marks, cracks and wounds.
- The procedure is also effective on some vascular diseases and rheumatic infections.
- Mesotherapy is also used to ensure rapid healing of wounds.
- The application is also preferred in slimming methods. It helps in removing regional fat accumulation, especially cellulite.
Mesotherapy has many different application areas and application types such as hair, face, eyebrows and stains. Types of mesotherapy can be listed as follows:
- Hair mesotherapy
- Facial mesotherapy (Mesolifting)
- PRP mesotherapy
- Needle free mesotherapy
- Cellulite mesotherapy
Hair mesotherapy is a method applied for both women and men to prevent hair loss, treat baldness and support hair growth. The nutrients required for the scalp are applied to the scalp with an injector, and this process increases the blood circulation in the scalp.
In the facial mesotherapy process, vitamins, minerals, hyaluronic acid, amino acids and antioxidants that help regenerate the skin are applied under the skin with tiny needles. With facial mesotherapy application, the skin is moisturized, regenerated, and collagen and elastin productions are increased.
PRP mesotherapy is the injection of minerals and nutrients needed by the hair follicles and scalp into the body. In this application, where Platelet Rich Plasma is used together with mesotherapy, the patient's own blood is used in the mixture. Some blood taken from the patient is subjected to a special process and this mixture is applied.
Needle-free mesotherapy is one of the most preferred applications in recent years. In this method, which makes it possible to apply without pain, the combination of H2O2 and TCA (Tricarboxylic acid) is transmitted to the skin with the help of an ultrasonic device at adjusted rates. Hair treatment, facial rejuvenation, tightening and wrinkle reduction processes can be applied using this method. This application, which is frequently requested by people who do not prefer needle application, prevents the formation of feelings such as pain. In this method, high-frequency sound waves are used.
Mesotherapy is also a method applied for cellulites. In this method, necessary substances are injected under the skin and it is supported to increase blood and lymphatic circulation in the cellulite area, dissolve fat deposits and correct hardened connective tissue. Alleviating the appearance of cellulite by improving the blood flow in the area requires 4 to 10 sessions. It is extremely important for the person to support the process with a regular exercise program in order to achieve permanent results.
The areas where mesotherapy is applied are as follows:
- Skin stains
- Hair loss
- Acute and chronic pain
- Wound and acne marks
- Muscle rheumatism
- Under-eye bags and bruises
- Sports injuries
- Breaking skin
- Removal of wrinkles
- Color changes due to lack of pigments
The cases where mesotherapy is not suitable are as follows:
- Breastfeeding mother
- Cancer patients
- Patients with urticaria
- Patients with coagulation disorders
- Patients with history of stroke
- Patients with high risk of allergic reaction to the mixtures used during the process
- Patients with insulin dependent diabetes
- Patients with heart diseases
The procedure is done by applying the specially prepared mixture to the middle tissue of the skin by injection. The mixture is determined and applied according to the needs of the person. In needle-free application, a special device is used instead of a needle.
The result to be obtained at the end of the application varies according to the age of the person, skin structure and the extent of the problem experienced. However, the effects of the procedure can generally be observed at the end of 2 to 3 sessions. The final results become clear in a period of 1 month.
After the procedure, temporary bruising and redness may occur in the injection area. This condition, which does not pose any problems, usually disappears within 1-2 days. Mild pain, burning sensation in the treated area, tenderness, itching and swelling are other side effects that can be seen and do not pose a problem. However, if the following situations occur after the procedure, a doctor should be consulted without wasting time:
- Severe skin reaction
Things to consider before the procedure are as follows:
- Caffeine, alcohol and cigarette consumption should be stopped at least 2 weeks before.
- Consumption of protein-containing foods should be suspended for a while.
- The use of drugs with blood thinning affects should be discontinued under the supervision of a doctor.
Paying attention to certain points after mesotherapy greatly increases the efficiency of the procedure. These points are as follows:
- After the injection, the area should not come into contact with water for at least 15 minutes.
- For the first 48 hours, demanding movements should be avoided.
- Make-up should not be applied to the area for at least 1 day.
- Tight clothes around the region should not be preferred.
- Hygiene of the area should be maintained in order to avoid infections.
- The area should not be exposed to the sun for a certain period of time.
Edema after mesotherapy is an expected situation. Swellings that do not represent a very serious problem usually heal spontaneously within 1 day. There may also be a small amount of pain in the areas where the swelling is seen.
Those who have mesotherapy also prefer this procedure for regional fat accumulation besides other reasons. The application is used to remove the fat in the legs, abdomen and waist areas. In this method, which is applied as an alternative treatment to liposuction, the fat tissue around the injection area is lost and fat burn is facilitated. Permanent results can be achieved when this process is supported by diet and exercise.