In the internal medicine unit, a general condition assessment, testing, treatment and follow-up process is provided for all patients over the age of 15.
What is Internal Medicine?
Internal medicine is a specialty that evaluates, diagnoses, treats and monitors disorders related to internal organs in adults with a wide range of expertise. Since the systems dealt with by internal medicine specialists span a wide area, they also offer sub-branch specialties. Subspecialties of the department are gastroenterology digestive system, nephrology kidneys, endocrinology secretion and hormone system, hematology blood and coagulation disorders and rheumatology joint diseases. In this context, the following services are offered to patients:
- Outpatient examination service
- Evaluation before and after the surgical procedure
- Check-ups and other health screenings
- Consultation with other branches
- Follow-up of patients and monitoring the treatment process
- Evaluation of emergency diseases included in internal medicine
- Issuing medication reports for chronic diseases
- Inpatient diagnosis and treatment
Diagnostic Methods Used in Internal Medicine
- The following diagnostic methods are used in the internal medicine unit:
- blood test
- Examination of the digestive system with a camera
- liver biopsy
- Peripheral smear and microscopic examination of blood cells
What does the internal medicine department look at?
- The internal medicine department generally looks at the following:
- Nephrological diseases
- Gastroenterological diseases
- Hematological diseases
- Endocrinological diseases
- rheumatic diseases
Which tests does the Department of Internal Medicine do?
- Colonoscopy and rectosigmoidoscopy
What are the Treatment Methods in Internal Medicine?
Internal medicine doctors work in coordination with other branches in the diagnosis process of diseases. Treatment methods used in the department:
- Consultancy and education regarding the disease and treatment method
- Drug treatment (pills, injections, serum, etc.)
- Treatment with special treatment techniques (using ERCP, colonoscopy, etc.)
- stem cell transplant
- dialysis treatment